Job Title: Millwright Mechanic
Position Status: Full-Time
Shifts: Day Shift
Purpose and Scope:
To ensure the continuous operation of all plant equipment and machinery.
- Repair, overhaul and maintain, hydraulics, pneumatics and production machines – conveyors, fillers, tube fillers, packaging equipment, agitators, and DC controls.
- Work in accordance to GMP, documentation control.
- Provide technical guidance on machine set ups, authors or has input to creating
- Prepare and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s).
- Set-up and commissioning of new and used equipment.
- Ongoing preventive maintenance on all machinery, may be required to requisition parts, materials where required.
- Work in development of capacity and Continuous Process Improvement.
- Fabricate parts, as necessary, utilizing shop equipment.
- Ensure all machines and equipment are in safe working condition, taking appropriate precautions to prevent risk to employees and to the product.
- Follow all Health and Safety regulations in all steps, and especially in the lockout/tagout of equipment.
- Identify continuous improvement opportunities.
- Must be a licensed Industrial Mechanic Millwright- Red Seal License.
- Minimum of 3 years machine maintenance experience in cosmetic, food, and/or pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Strong troubleshooting skills with an innovative approach to solving mechanical problems.
- Very strong mechanical aptitude and knowledge.
- Must be self motivated with strong command of verbal and written skills.
- Eager to learn and to train others.
- Design, fabrication and commissioning of automated equipment
*Accommodation: If you advise us of any special requirements, Cosmetica will do our best to provide accommodation for persons with disabilities.