Position: Material Planner
Position Status: Full-Time
Shift: Day Shift
Plan materials and place orders in line with company policies and processes. Ensure all tasks support the Sales and Production initiatives in the goal of profitability and continuous improvement. The objective is to maximize customer service levels, optimize supply channels, streamline production work flow and enhance product quality while minimizing inventory levels and costs.
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Procure materials to fulfill client requirements ensuring minimum cost and maximum quality and service. To include the procurement of Raw Materials, Packaging
- Using supplier collaboration technologies, collaborating with suppliers and operations to plan delivery of material for production
- Review Material Requirement Planning report and place Purchase Orders according to demand, lead time, and want date.
- Responsible for de/expediting PO’s to support the efficient and timely supply of goods and services to satisfy production scheduling plans and communicating updated ETAs to all stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for improved relationships, pricing, terms and service from key vendors
- Seek out new, alternative suppliers or lines of supply that can reduce costs, improve service, or enhance product quality.
- Work with cross-functional teams to perform supplier audits or vendor qualification. Monitor the performance of the agreed suppliers in order to ensure they meet or exceed quality, service and pricing expectations
- Enforce Vendor Compliance to ensure product is shipped according to requirements and in line with the commitments to Production
- Support Internal Clients on non-conformance issues to minimize cost and service impact, through effective return, replacement, credits and cross charges.
- Maintain the accuracy and integrity of system data pertaining to the procurement function within portfolio
- Responsible for identifying and maintaining minimum inventory levels for high running materials to support the production plan and optimize the total inventory
- Responsible for communicating any Vendor shortages, discontinuations, decommissions or issues to all stakeholders through solution oriented alternatives
- Support and participate in all necessary training, development and teamwork initiatives within the company strategy
- Working closely with facility supply chain planning resources to proactively address material requirements changes resulting from new product introduction and engineering / product change control
- Work with Finance department to resolve Invoice and PO discrepancies
- Provide Best Advice and participate in Continuous Improvement projects according to company strategy
- Any other duties that are assigned in order to support the overall manufacturing operation and Sales initiative
Qualifications and Skills:
Education and Training
- Bachelor of Commerce/Business Administration, or other Post-Secondary degree/diploma in related area of study
- PMAC, APICS or related certification is an asset
- 5+ years’ experience in Supply Planning, Scheduling in manufacturing environment
Other Skills Required
- Ability to flourish in a fast-paced, ever changing and growing environment
- Superior knowledge of MRP / ERP systems, Visual Manufacturing (is an advantage) and proficient in MS Office programs, mastering in Excel
- In-depth attention to detail, strong organizational, excellent interpersonal and exceptional communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Innovative, Dynamic, Resourceful and a team player
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills, along with the ability to thrive under pressure
- Basic accounting knowledge is an asset
- Proven knowledge of international transportation requirements such as incoterms
Accommodation: If you advise us of any special requirements, Cosmetica will do our best to provide accommodation for persons with disabilities.
Thank you for your interest in working at Cosmetica Laboratories Inc. If you are shortlisted, you will be contacted by a member of our team.
*Accommodation: If you advise us of any special requirements, Cosmetica will do our best to provide accommodation for persons with disabilities.