Position Title: Line Inspector
Position Status: Full-Time
Shifts: Day Shift/ Afternoon Shift/ Night Shift
Purpose and Scope:
To ensure the quality of finished products by in-process line inspection and testing according to customer requirements and product specifications.
- Performs in-process inspections and testing to ensure conformance to standard product specifications and customer requirements.
- Coordinates flow of work orders for the line, communicates with Lead Hands on completion of orders and requests for next order.
- Ensure lines run to target efficiencies.
- Ensure all Returns are properly counted and identified.
- Ensure barriers are on the lines where required.
- Ensure visual on schedule not on schedule indicator is posted on the yellow tray.
- Ensure visual full/partial master box card indicator is on line.
- Ensure lines are running neat and organized at all times.
- Ensure everyone on line is following company policies (respect/language/focus on the job).
- Ensure line stops 10 minutes before end of shift to clean and vacuum.
- Ensure lines start on time after break and lunch.
- Ensure that the crew is cleaning – not doing any line work e.g. making unit cartons only if standby line is not available (if the line is idol/downtime).
- Ensure all line workers working on your line have been huddled by QLL, prior to performing any tasks.
- Do not allow any other line workers from other lines to help on your line, unless approved by your Business Unit Leader/Manager.
- Works on the assembly line, hourly rotation, and on key positions.
- Coordinate hourly assembly rotation changes.
- On completion of order ensure all forms are put into plastic sleeve folder and submitted to Lead Hand.
- Ensures timely communication of line and people issues (safety, quality, downtime etc.) to the Business Unit Leader or Manager.
- Ensures correct and timely completion of the following documents
- Evacuation cards
- Line safety checklist
- Labor tickets/ by computer
- Huddle rotation forms
- Production daily log book
- Work order
- Label request form ( bottom/UPC/Shipper/Master/tester)
- QAF-04 form
- Line clearance check list
- Line clearance QAF-93
- Sampling guideline
- In process Inspection report is completed by machine operators QAF-01
- Finished Goods Form
- 5S Form.
- GMP Form.
- Completes and checks the line clearance of filling line before the start of production to ensure no mix-ups of components; completes and checks components checklist according to product requirement.
- Performs scheduled in process checks.(SPC & Seal Test )
- Documents all inspection results on inspection sheets required by QA.
- Checks the sanitary condition of the filling equipment and filling lines prior to start of production.
- Makes sure that all filling parameters are recorded, if required.
- Responsible for finished product inspection according to sampling plan in case of noted non-conformance during in-process inspection.
- Assists in investigation of non-conformance and defects for finding causes and appropriate corrective actions.
Education and Training
- Minimum completion of high school
- Preferably a minimum of one year quality working experience in cosmetics, pharmaceutical, or related manufacturing environment. Experience working in a GMP environment an asset
- Experience in quality line inspection an asset
Other Skills Required
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Good organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work
- Basic math knowledge
*Accommodation: If you advise us of any special requirements, Cosmetica will do our best to provide accommodation for persons with disabilities.