Position: Director, Project Management Office
Position Status: Full-Time
The objective is to accelerate Cosmetica’s service excellence by focusing on transformational initiatives that drive improvements in overall performance through a newly created Project Management Office. The emphasis is to recognize the highest impact opportunities and drive to high performance outcomes; and support a continuous improvement culture and tools across the organization.
This position is highly visible, reporting directly to the Vice President, Corporate Services and Senior Leadership Team. It is expected to be a high impact role, and a prospective succession into future functional leadership.
- Drive all strategic initiatives in a collaborative but purposeful fashion through creation of Project Management Office (PMO)
- Develop project management standards and train project leads on management, execution and reporting
- Active facilitation of improvement workshops and Kaizen
- Work to build training and deployment materials, and lead the deployment strategy both directly and through extended teams
- Achieve real results through collaboration with all functions through coaching, mentorship, and execution
- Directly support operational and administrative support functions to achieve strategic objectives through the use of developed tools, conducting workshops and Kaizen events.
- Coach, mentor and motivate project team leads and team members to take accountability for project objectives and timelines, and provide concise reporting
- Educate Senior Leadership and managers on methodology and best practices of a PMO
- Support the development of Cosmetica’s continuous improvement transformation with Lean and Six Sigma tools (e.g. standard work, visual management, etc.)
Knowledge, Skills, and Experience Required:
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related discipline; preferably engineering, sciences or business
- 8+ years’ experience in project management and/or process improvement utilizing lean enterprise principals
- Demonstrated leadership experience in manufacturing with a minimum of 10 years of broad experience
- Strong business acumen, experience of working in consumer packaged goods would be of benefit
- Excellent communication, presentation and facilitation skills
- Strong bias for action and a continuous improvement mindset
- Demonstrated experience in leading teams through change
- Demonstrated knowledge and track record of delivering results in a high performance, continuous improvement environment through the implementation of and expertise in lean management methods
- Strong interpersonal skills to be able to influence and generate buy-in amongst diverse stakeholders
*Accommodation: If you advise us of any special requirements, Cosmetica will do our best to provide accommodation for persons with disabilities.